The village was only established in 1861 after Wolverhampton Building Society bought an old section of land and sold it off to miners in the area. Miners would often build three houses, one for their family and the others were rented out to provide a pension income for when they retired from the pits. [Cannock Chronicle 11 02 2010 Sol Buckner] [Express and Star]

The Carmel Methodist Church (Formerly Bridge Street Primitive Methodist Church) Marriage Registers (1912 – 1941) are deposited at Staffordshire Record Office

Bridgtown on Google map

Park Street Methodist New Connection / United Methodist Church Baptism (1863 – 1964) and Marriage Registers (1958 – 1962) are deposited at Staffordshire Record Office

Burntwood Family History Group has photographed and transcribed all the names on the Bridgtown War Memorial

A short history of the Wesleyan Methodist Church, now called the Bethel Church