Burntwood Family History Group
   Home      Z Bridgetown
 
Burntwood Family History Group
 Bridgetown
 
The village was only established in 1861 after Wolverhampton Building Society bought an old section of land and sold it off to miners in the area. Miners would often build three houses, one for their family and the others were rented out to provide a pension income for when they retired from the pits
[From Cannock Chronicle 11 02 2010 Sol Buckner]
 
 
The Carmel Methodist Church (Formerly Bridge Street Primitive Methodist Church) Marriage Registers (1912 – 1941) are deposited at Staffordshire Record Office
 
 
Statistics for the Bridgetown 2001 Census provided by the Office for National Statistics
 
 
Park Street Methodist New Connection / United Methodist Church Baptism (1863 – 1964) and Marriage Registers (1958 – 1962) are deposited at Staffordshire Record Office
 
 
Are you related to a person with Bridgetown connections? Information on people from Bridgetown as detailed by The Independent
 
 
The B F H G Photograph Album contains many photographs of landmarks within Bridgetown
 
 
The B F H G has photographed and transcribed all the names on the Bridgetown War Memorial
 
 
A short history of the Wesleyan Methodsit Church, now called the Bethel Church